- You have the right to remain silent.
From the moment you are pulled over until you are released from jail, there will be a video recording of everything you do and say. This WILL be used in court by the State to prove its case against you. Do not answer any questions other than, “What is your name and address?”
- Do not perform any roadside tests.
This includes walking a line, testing your eyes, and most importantly, DON’T BLOW in any breath-testing unit.
- Roll down your windows and keep both hands on the wheel until the officer is next to you.
- Do not give an officer permission to test your blood or breath.
- If an officer requests your license and insurance, produce these documents.
- You have the right to an attorney.